- Pebble Beach Automation System
- Pixel Power Graphics System
- Harmonic Media Servers
- Telestream Analysis & Decoding
- Expansion of XenData Library
- Polistream Subtitling System
- Evertz Logo Inserters
- Evertz Playout Changeovers
- Tektronix Aurora File Base QC
- Equinox Compliance Recording
- A/V Monitoring
- Core Solutions provided
- Evertz Xenon 128×128 8RU router
- Pebble Beach Marina Automation for 8 + 8 Channels.
- Pixel Power 3D Logovision Graphics
- Harmonics Media Grid 3000
- Harmonics Spectrum Media Ports for 8 Channels
- XenData XSL-5000 Expansion from 114 Slots (285TB) to RLS85120 to 294 Slots(735TB)
- Screen Systems U8000 Subtitling Servers.
- Evertz Dual Logo Inserters
- Evertz automatic changeover for redundant playout.
- Cisco WS-4948 48 Port switches
Du-Samacom is the leading regional operator of satellite support services and currently serves more than 170 television stations throughout the Middle East and Asia. The teleport facility comprises satellite antennae that produce a wide global coverage out of Dubai, providing broadcasting services clients an extensive household viewership footprint. The network reaches a wide range of international locations to suit the diverse communication needs of the UAE’s multi-cultural residents, and can meet the high-volume traffic requirements of the world’s traditional business centers as well as emerging economies. This high-quality global connectivity service ensures the du Samacom network achieves maximum availability.
Du-Samacom currently has a number of prestigious broadcasting giants from across the Middle East and Asia among its growing list of clients, including Abu Dhabi TV, Dubai TV, Sharjah TV, MBC; Al Arabiya News Channel; Al Majid; Korea’s Global TV, Arirang; CNBC Arabiya; MTV Arabia; NDTV; Nickelodeon TV
Arabia; PMC; Prime Sports; Reuters; Showtime and Zee TV with the new addition of Discovery Channels Discovery Kids, Discovery Max, Discovery Life, Discovery Channel, Fetafeat& TLC.
Du has proved its position as a leading provider of broadcast services according to The World Teleport Association (WTA). WTA Independent Top 20 Teleport Operators of 2009 awards rank global teleport companies based on revenue from all sources. du, which wholly owns and manages Samacom, the biggest teleport in the Middle East, was ranked 12th and recognized at the annual awards for its phenomenal growth in terms of revenue and customer satisfaction.
The scope of this project was to bring the HD Discovery channels to the Du-Samacom channels spectrum with up to the highest standard while provisioning for future technology trends, in order to position Du-Samcom to not only lead but also pioneer the technological developments taking place in the broadcasting industry. The channels that were part of this project were Discovery Kids, Discovery Max, Discovery Life, Discovery Channel, TLC & Fetafeat.
Tek Signals provided Du-Samacomwith analysis, design and evaluation of the current and prospective technological and commercial benefits of purchasing broadcast equipment and solutions.Methods of analysis included targeting flexible functionality with robust and reliable performance, whilst retaining optimum video quality. Other areas included a dense solution and easy expansion capabilities.
The brief technical scope of this project was to provide the playout for 8 new channels with full redundancy. Pebble Beach Marina automation system was used to create 8 redundant channel playout using the Harmonic Media Spectrum ports. While to accommodate the requirement for archiving the Transmission mediaan upgrade of existing Xendata XSL-5000 Expansion from 114 Slots (285TB) to RLS85120 to 294 Slots(735TB). The Pixel Power 3D Logovisions are handled graphics systems with Pixel Power Promote system to provide dynamic graphic and act as gateway/handler for Pebble Beach marina automation system. Subtitling is taken care by the Polistream U8000 Servers.
- Key Highlights
- Du-Samacom were able to deploy the eight new HD Discovery channels with the peace of mind, seamless & redundant playout system.
- Automated & Dynamic Workflow for generating the Graphics closely integrated with the pebble beach automation playlist for each channel without any intervention.
- Multi- Language support and automated workflow to streamline and attached required language.
- Automated Archiving of the transmission media to the tape library for backup purposes.
- To streamline the incoming media through Telestream analysis and transcoding where required in workflow.
- Overall system workflow was designed to make sure to minimize the manual operation and increase the productivity for operational staff.